We have an urgent need for the following positions:
- Ending the Silence Presenters – We are in need of lead presenters who love to present to middle and high school students. This position requires lived experience with mental illness either personally or within the immediate family; the ability to present slides, answer questions, and run general technology; and flexibility to present during school hours. Young adults (between the ages of 18-30) are also needed to share their story with the youth. Traning will be held in late July/August.
- Health/Wellness Fair Coordinator – A well-organized person is needed to partner with Lynn Shull in coordinating health fairs and training volunteers to work the booths and schedule volunteers and locations. Computer skills a plus.
- Inventory Coordinator – We are in need of a person to help stock and maintain supplies and organize \ curriculum. This is the ideal position for someone who likes to keep things organized and has a special gift of paying attention to detail.
- Hospital Presenters – We are seeking volunteers willing to speak to hospital outpatient programs to share the value of NAMI’s many resources. Must be willing to share your personal experience and what NAMI has done for you. Must be able to share the different programs available (this would be done through our presenter training). Looking for family members and people living with mental illness.
- Faith Support Group Facilitators – We are currently offering faith-based support groups for Family Support and Connection groups. Looking for people who have a desire to facilitate in a faith-based format.
We Need You
Volunteers are vital to the success of NAMI and its mission. It’s volunteers who run the local affiliates, teach classes, lead support groups, do outreach and advertising, take mentoring calls and so much more. Please review the various opportunities available or simply fill out our online volunteer form.
We also encourage you to become a member of NAMI-Colorado Springs in order to support NAMI’s free programs on a local, state and national level. By joining you will receive free newsletters and publications from NAMI-Colorado Springs and NAMI National. You will also be joining the largest mental health grassroots organization in the country.
NAMI Colorado Springs appreciates your help and interest. If you have any questions, please call the office at 719-473-8477.
Once you’ve found the opportunities you like, please submit the form below. The form will be sent to NAMI-CS letting us know of your interests, and we’ll get in touch with you directly.