Our mission is to EDUCATE, ADVOCATE and SUPPORT people living with mental illness and their loved ones.
Our Mission – Why do we exist?
NAMI Colorado Springs is part of the largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. NAMI advocates for access to services, treatment, support and research, and is steadfast in its commitment to raise awareness and build a community of hope for all of those in need. Within this network, we exist to promote the value and dignity of all human beings.
Values – How do we behave?
- Volunteerism is at the heart of our ethos and practice
- We are mission-passionate
- We nurture compassion for one another and our clients
- We believe that being accountable to our mission, our clients, and our community is fundamental
- We approach our work with humility
Vision – Who are we becoming?
We are becoming change agents dedicated to creating a community that values all people and where people with mental illness live fulfilled lives.
What do we do?
- We provide free education and support programs to anyone interested in learning more about their own or a family member’s mental illness
- We connect people with mental illness and their families and friends to resources to help them recover from mental illness
- We promote resiliency, understanding and recovery
- We empower people to stick up for themselves
Whom and where do we serve?
People with mental illness, their families and friends, and the larger community in the Pikes Peak Region.