Political and medical professionals agree that jail is the wrong place to hold a person detained solely for a mental health crisis or psychiatric emergency. That doesn’t make solving the major snags around a solution – money and the law – any easier.
Last June Gov. John Hickenlooper vetoed a bill to expand the places to hold a person for 72 hours when his or her mental health presents a danger. There Read More
- Army to study how physical conditioning affects soldiers’ mental health
- Advocates Worry Mental Health First Aid Skirts Serious Mental Illness
- Could celebrities’ stories destigmatize mental illness for the masses?
- Mental Health Treatment Is A Privilege Many People Can’t Afford
- AROUND TOWN: Mental health heroes around Colorado Springs focus on teen suicide prevention