When Carrie Fisher died last month, sci-fi fans everywhere felt like they lost a family member. While most people immediately identify Fisher as Princess Leia, she was a hero to many for her openness about her battles with mental illness.
As I read tributes to Fisher, I saw just as many that recognized her candidness about being bipolar as those celebrating her role in Star Wars. Listmaker BuzzFeed.com even posted 13 things Fisher said about living with mental illness. Included in Read More
- Our Senior Citizens Are Suffering A Loneliness Epidemic – Can VR Be The Cure?
- How virtual reality can help you conquer your worst fears
- Colorado Springs teen suicides highlight gap in mental health services
- Colorado Mountain College to spend $300K on student mental health services
- NAMI Applauds Passage of Landmark Mental Health Reforms